I’ve decided to start blogging again. Sorry it’s been so long.
These last two years have been a time of discovery and change for me. I got diagnosed with a learning disability which has really changed things for me. I now know why I struggle with certain things and that I am not retarded. I have a real problem. I also am eligible for accommodations in college and on the SAT test, which I’ll take this summer. Read more about my learning disability here.
I’ve also started going to Alanon which has surprisingly given me strategies not only for dealing with alcoholism, but for for managing my anxiety as well. I’ve continued to educate myself on my learning problems and the way my mind works.
All this research and real-life practice led me write a blog series about some of the some of the things I’ve discovered about my mind.
Here’s a sneak peek of the topics I’ll cover:
- Corpus Callosum: why it matters and how it works
- Understanding Anxiety: the fight or flight response
- Feelings Lie: don’t let them rule you
- The Never-Ending Cycle: Feel bad, manage, feel better, repeat
- Accept Yourself: the good, the bad, the ugly